Echolink via a Repeator-R or Link-L

Last night I was very happy to make my first QSO with Ham Radio blogger and fellow DXer Nash JN4VWH.

We have been in contact via the Internet for quite some time, so as you can imagine it was very exciting and pleasurable to finally make QSO using our radio equipment.

We have both tryed listening out for each other on HF for quite a while, but the bands have not yet been open when we have both found a mutual time that is convenient for us both to play radio.

With propagation not quite reliable enough to work JN4VWH the plan had to change, so we decided to use more Technology that is available to give us a helping hand. Using the Gb3YR repeater I was able to hear Nash JN4VWH coming through loud and clear via echolink through his local IRLP echolink link JE4YIZ-L.

It was a real pleasure to finaly be able to speak with Nash on his new Icom 7000 using my Yaesu Ft-847 and an echolink enabled repeater and Link in England and Japan. Truly great Ham radio Technology.

We had some interesting overs exchanging reports and information, which then lead on to making a second contact using our computers which are both running echolink software.

Once again a real pleasure to be making QSO with JN4VWH Nash.
I am hopeful of some good propagation soon and maybe hear Japan on 15M in the near future. Sayonara 73


Below is the Shack of JN4VWH Nash in Japan

Below is my Shack 2E0HTS Simon in England


Radio and Computers can work well together!!!

73 thanks for visiting Ham radio Blogspot. de 2E0HTS Simon Yorkshire N.ENGLAND

Comments

Nash , JN4VWH said…
Hello Simon,
Good morning and good evening, this is JN4VWH Nash.

Thank you for our nice QSO trying Echolink between England and Japan. I am very happy that everything did go well, raidos, antennas and our both PC for make QSO via Echolink.

And I am very happy to really hear and talk with you like this. I have not sent to you you my voice in our contact we have done. ( But I, I have already heard your real voice in your YouTube videos and in our internet contact of Windows messenger.)

It was very interesting contact, and this our QSO made me very happy, Simon.

Thank you very much.

73 de JN4VWH Nash from Japan
MØYKS Simon said…
Good Eve/Morning Nash san,

Thanks for the fantastic QSO via your link and our repeator using echolink.

It was a real pleasure to hear your voice and transmission from Japan.

I am very happy with our QSO and I am excited about making many more! I hope we get some good propagation on HF soon between Baildon and Okayama.

In the meantime 73 Sayonara arigato from your friend Simon san

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design