The New 2E0HTS Mobile

I have been considering a different vehicle for a while and I have been more than happy with the Toyota Rav 4, so the decision was difficult to make especially considering the performance of my mobile Ham Station with its three antenna mounts.

Eventually after careful consideration and Our love of travelling to nice remote scenic places that are great for radio, I decided to try another reliable Toyota. This Time I chose the Toyota Luicida, a 2.2 turbo diesel 4X4, fresh Japanese import. The vehicle is low mileage for the year and A1 condition, and with the price of fuel these days I am slightly better off by changing from a petrol 2.0 4x4 to a 2.2 turbo diesel 4X4. The MPV is also useful, spacious and very comfortable especially whilst CQing and catching a few Zs.

I managed to mount the FT-100 (Yaesu) into the dash by removing the Japanese banded radio tuner and cassette player, which then also allowed me to fit my Panasonic CD MP3 Player below the Rig. The Antenna mounts were clamped to the rear door without to much trouble and once I established a decent earth between the door and mount. all of my HF antennas tuned to 1:1 swr with ease (80m-10M Mono Band).

Here is the vehicle during last weekends test drive and Ham Radio test transmissions at Keilder Forrest North England/Scottish Borders. I have made a few QSOs on 20m so far working Greece SV, Israel 5Z, Italy IT, and Spain EA, and have heard Japan JA2 5/8 this morning. Yesterday and the day before I heard two Australian VK Stations coming through, I gave them all a Call but was unable to beat the pile up at the time with 50watts. I am looking forward to having lots of good QSOs whilst working Mobile.

Here you can see how my antennas are mounted, they are far enough down the side of the door to still be able to open it without the antennas touching the roof.

Here shows the position of the FT-100 which is mounted in the dash.

Thanks for visiting and hopefully I will have some DX contacts to tell of next post, until then bast 73 and C U AGN

DE 2E0HTS K

Comments

Phaze58 said…
Love the new Mobile SI
Tomas said…
Congrats Simon, wish you many successful kilometres and many dx from your mobile station !

73 Tomas ok4bx
Nash , JN4VWH said…
Hello Simon,

Your new mobile station, NICE!
You have a good second shack and a confortable GREAT HOTEL at the same time, possible to move everywhere all of you wish.

I think and hope that you enjoy very much to make your shack and HOTEL!!!!!!!!!

73 de Nash JN4VWH
MØYKS Simon said…
M1PAC-Thanks Phil, Its a good Groundplane.73
--------------------

OK4BX - Tomas, Thank you for the good wishes! I am looking forward to many great journeys and DX on the way. Hope to make the QSO with you Tomas sometime soon.

Good Luck and best 73.
---------------------

JN4VWH - Nash, It is from your QTH so it has Interesting Japanese history and many Manuals which I am trying to understand but is a bit difficult reading Japanese.h.i The Toyota is very comfortable and spacious, like you said "Hotel" h.i.
I am going to be mobile this weekend as it is a National holiday on Monday so no work! ;-)

I am very happy so far and I am looking forward to many DX/m QSOs.
Tonight I worked OE-Austria & 7X4-Algeiria,both were on my favorite mobile operating band 20M. Everything seems to be working well with the FT-100 and Maldol Antennas, so I have more Room and still 4X4 for winter driving.(As we say in England The Best of Both Worlds).

73 and good DX, Sayonara, de Simon

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design