Ham Radio

Thursday, July 30, 2009
Marconi Centre & Goonhilly, Cornwall

During our recent holiday trip to Cornwall we managed to visit Goonhilly and The Marconi Centre where I got to play some portable/mobile ham radio from the historic site. The video shows the Marconi Centre's antenna array and its beautiful location, as well as the massive Goonhilly Dish Arrays in and amongst some very nice QSOs on 20M, 40M and 2M. Hope you enjoy the video, More info to follow.
posted by Simon Davison @ 12:30 am  
2 Comments:
  • At 9:54 am, Blogger Phaze58 said…

    I love the hat,It looks like you two had a good time down there .I liked it so much I wanted to live there, till I found out jobs were seasonal, and the unemployment rate went through the roof in winter...
    The pet rock I got from St Austal says he wants to visit again someday.so you never know
    M1PAC could be off there sometime in the near future!

     
  • At 2:19 pm, Blogger 2E0HTS Simon said…

    Hope you get the opertunity to return. Some nice beaches!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Custom Search




 
About Me

Name: Simon Davison
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by


free counters
>
BLOGGER