Hustler Mono Band HF Mobile Antenna System

I recently acquired a set of mono band Hustler mobile antennas covering 80M, 40M, 20M, 17M and 15M.Over the weekend I got the opportunity to try the 40M Hustler antenna whilst parked up at 1175 feet on top of neighboring ILKLEY Moor. The antenna was pulling in some big signals and putting out a rather nice footprint as I worked a handful of Irish Stations as well as a couple of Europeans.I made a quick video of the new Hustler mobile antenna in action on 40M with the help of camera Woman Louise – M3TLL (My lovely YL).
The latest Video can be seen below.

I am looking forward to testing the rest of the Hustler Mono Banders as soon as possible! Thanks for the visit, 73.

Comments

Unknown said…
Wow Looking good Si . I hope you have many happy hours with them.
今天 said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MØYKS Simon said…
Thanks Phil, cant wait to try them all out soon.

Best 73 catch you on twitter
Unknown said…
Hi Simon just wanted to know how you have mounted the antenna and what the earth is like plus do you use an at. Thanks Tony
MØYKS Simon said…
Hi Tony I have since changed vehicles but still have the antenna. I don't need any atu all top sections are resonant with decent band width. My antenna mount is fixed to the roof with a hole through but I used brackets fixed to the roof bars in previous installations. I aways run a separate earth/grounding wire from the Base of the mount direct to the nearest bolt connected to the vehicle chassis/body. Hope this helps. Best 73 Simon M0YKS

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design