Day 11 February QSO Challenge


Earlier today I was working portable from an alternative location where I was demonstrating amateur radio to three students.

I took my FT-857, FT-817, my home brew tripod, 80m - 15m - Hustler mono band antennas, as well as my ARROW MKII Sat yagis and hand held transceivers. I demonstrated the equipment to the students on the HF bands and then moved up to 2 meters FM hoping to make an actual QSO.

At around 13.15 utc I put a call through a local repeater - GB3TP  (145.125MHz input 145.725MHz output, 82.5 CTSS) and was pleasantly surprised to work three stations that all came back to my call. The three Stations were very familiar to myself  and each other, I knew all three in person and it was an absolute pleasure to make my challenge QSO with M1PAC - Phil (Keighley, West Yorkshire). I also worked  M0DIT - Josh (Keighley, West Yorkshire) and 2E0NTT - Richard (Skipton, North Yorkshire).

The GB3TP repeater is located high up on the local Moor Top and has an excellent footprint that provides our region with very good coverage. Via GB3TP the signals I received were 5/9 at my end during Day 11 of the QSO challenge! Thanks guys and hope to work you soon, the three students enjoyed their radio experience. 73

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M