Ham Radio

Tuesday, April 02, 2013
Perfect Band Conditions

The HF bands have been quite good here in Yorkshire of late.  I was surprised just how good 15 meters is right now during a nice long qso with a US West Coast ham station KU7O - Jerry, from Washington.



Jerry was calling CQ on 21.290 MHz at around 21.30 utc with a cracking signal to my cobweb antenna &  FT-1000mp transceiver when I answered his call. Our signals were strong enough to maintain a reasonable exchange of information throughout the qso, it was definitely an armchair copy! Jerry was 5/8 - 5/9 and my report back was 5/4 which was pretty cool. I am impressed with the performance of 15m band tonight and shall be getting back to it after this post to catch the rest of the signals I am hearing during this nice opening. 73 Happy Holiday!
posted by Simon Davison @ 11:13 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At 11:16 am, Blogger PE4BAS, Bas said…

    Yep, conditions on 15m are in good shape lately. Or actually since the weekend. 73, Bas

     
  • At 8:01 pm, Blogger 2E0HTS Simon said…

    Have fun Bas, conditions are good again tonight, I am listening to VP8LP working ZD7VC on 15m, both up at 5/9 (21.311 MHz). 73 G L Simon

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Custom Search




 
About Me

Name: Simon Davison
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by


free counters
>
BLOGGER