DX BY DAY AND DX BY NIGHT


Another weekend flies by with plenty of fun with the family. I visited the science and media museum, hiked over the Moor and also got some DX in and there is still a bit more time this evening to check the bands.

Learning about solar flares at the Science and media museum


Out on our local Moor earlier, can you spot the heron flying off.


In my radio shack in Baildon near Bradford City, Yorkshire UK IO93CU.


I also got to try my new feedline on my 80 meter dipole over the weekend and made some stateside qso on 80m with a couple of nice DX openings in the evening with K3ZM, WU2X and also into the Azores with CU2CE. 80 Meters hasn't been very busy but one or two DX stations are being recieved at my end on an evening. The Dipole is working pretty good as is the HUSTLER 6btv (vertical antenna). I also made a video of a qso on 40 meters with R3XE and caught a strong US station working a pile up which I tried to no avail. The video shows a high noise level at my end which started some interesting discussion on video comments with Gary who follows me on my YouTube channel. Thanks to all you guys that follow my video antics and I know some of you have been there for years. Its appreciated and keeps me motivated. Here are a couple of ham radio contacts on video for you to check out at your leisure. Best 73 I will catch up again with you shortly.

40m Dx Night Shift


Beaming State Side - K2TRD - M0YKS


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design