Ham Radio

Wednesday, September 20, 2006
QSL from WP4AOO

This week the HF bands haven't been in good shape at all, the other evening was spent trying to work DX stations on 40m and 20m. I was most surprised when I ran into my old friend VE3OWV Nick on 40m, this was amazing as I was using my G5RV. I also worked a handful of German stations, some Italians and a Spaniard all on 40m. The spanish station was only operating on 5 watts (QRP).

After a couple of hours of 40m I decided to flick back up to 20m (my favourite band) and worked 2 stations from Puerto Rico. Above is a card from one of them Jose WP4AOO. I did this contact on my Cobwebb but then switched to the Hustler 6 BTV and added a couple of S points to the signal with a 5 and 9.

This morning on my way to work I had a quick contact with a VK station (Australia) on 20m - not bad for a mobile on 50 watts eh?!

73s for now
posted by Simon Davison @ 8:36 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Custom Search




 
About Me

Name: Simon Davison
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by


free counters
>
BLOGGER