Tonight's Weather from NOAA - 15

Tonight's NOAA - 15 Weather Image
Screenshot of Satscape Satellite Tracking & Radio Com Decoding software
The receiving is done with the Yaesu FT-847 Transceiver and IOIo Antenna.
I managed to get a good image earlier this evening using the above setup. The received image shows the north Coast of Africa up to the Arctic Circle, as you can see there is a lot of cloud rolling in over the U.K. You can also see the "Grey Line" as the Sun is shining to West. I received the above WX image on FM, from my ground station at 16.45 utc on 137.500 MHz + or - Doppler, courtesy of NOAA - 15 Weather Satellite.

Comments

Unknown said…
That's a good pic, Simon, considering the compromise antenna and Rx. I used to do Wxsat receiving myself. There are a couple of articles about it at g4ilo.com. I suspect if you made a QFH antenna such as the one I made you could get even better results.
MØYKS Simon said…
Hi Julian,

I had a quick look at your QFH antenna, pretty cool. I intend to have a go at making one soon, I have seen similar designs and I am looking forward to tinkering again.

I enjoy receiving the NOAA WX Sat images and have had amazing responses to the Youtube WX videos I did a while back.
It is another one of those interesting twists of the hobby h.i and I hope to continue learning all about these many wonderful offshoots of being a Ham.

Look forward to hearing from you again soon and I will be reading your posts via Planet Ham.

73 Have fun, catch you agn soon.

Simon

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design