Metal Working

As well as Ham Radio I have always been interested in Motor Cycles and currently have four Bikes in my collection. I enjoy restoring old bikes and I am always tinkering around with something. I work in Engineering which has its advantages and comes in useful when building antennas, brackets, masts and most things that can be made of metal. This week, I needed to replace the exhaust on the Yamaha XT600e and had decided to go for a full stainless system which just needed the finishing touch with a matching stainless steel heat shield.

The Heat shield is now finished and can be seen in the picture.

I have also started to fabricate a light weight alloy radio and antenna mount to fix to the XT600 (Road legal) Enduro bike. I will be continuing with that project in and amongst my other ideas with pictures and info to follow.

I should be active on 20M & 2M tomorrow on our way to and from the National Ham Fest from the mobile during the daytime.
I hope to be active on the Satellites as well as HF sometime over the weekend from the QTH. I will be posting any activity on twitter as usual, thank you to all my new Twitter followers. 73 have a nice weekend.

Comments

Phaze58 said…
can't Wait to see you Lou & Dudley there at the Hamfest. I Like the new heatsheild Do you know that was one of my Fave Bikes.. I guess if I want to get on two wheel's again I am going to look for an enduro 125 .Then go in for my test of course this is all after I have had my knee joint replaced. Mid Life thingymajig . I still have a crash helmet, leather Jacket& gloves I am not going to give those away.despite what everyone else thinks I will be getting back on 2 wheels :)))))))
Regards M1PAC ( Phil )
MØYKS Simon said…
sounds like a good plan, get yourself fit and then a nice XT, XLR, or DR125 will be a good way to get back into bikes. We will be able to go for a ride out especially when Lou gets one as well ;-) we can talk Adam in to getting another bike as well h.i

73 catch you tomorrow at the Ham Fest

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design