Vertical Polarisation Is the Icing On The Cake


I have been having some good results with the latest Satellite array but still found AO-51 a little difficult at times due to the regular European pile up hi hi.

However, after receiving an interesting comment from Tom - F8COD regarding the Sat antenna set up, I decided to act on Toms advice and have a tinker around with the 145 Yagi.

Tom - F8COD advised me to try vertical polarisation instead of horizontal on my Yagi antenna after noting better performance on his own satellite array.

I set the 145MHz Yagi vertical and since then I have been hitting AO-51 with ease. I have also had some excellent QSO's via AO-7 and VO-52 on SSB. I am really impressed how well the Tripod mounted system is working. Merci Beaucoup Tom! Catch you via the "birds" soon!

Comments

test said…
You're welcome HI ! I'm glad this tip was helpfull.
73 de F8COD

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M