CQ World Wide DX Contest 2014


The CQ World Wide DX is my favourite contest it is the best way to work lots of DX from all around the world on the HF bands. This year I had lots of fun as did one of my Daughters Elsie, I let her join in with her own DX Zone chart to fill in each time I worked a zone. This proved to be a good idea, she really enjoyed it and kept asking me to get another! This was the best encouragement that any Ham dad could ask for during any contest h.i.
As a single low power operator I had a real blast and ended up working into 21 different zones which included 46 different Countries logged by the time the contest had ended.

The 21 Zones I managed were worked on 10 and 15 meters, I also made QSO,s on 20, 40 and 80 meters toward the end of the contest. Conditions were reasonable throughout the entire 48 hour contest, I have known even better conditions in past contests but I am more than happy with the performance of my main amateur radio station during this CQ WW (2014). I worked 21 zones back in 2011 when I had recently moved to this location. My previous high score before that was up at my holiday shack on the Moors which was 18 Zones. I am very happy with 21 this time but need to try a bit harder next year and get a few more!

The 46 Countries I worked in this years WW CQ DX Contest Include:
1.European Russia, 2.Canary Is, 3.Italy, 4.Cyprus, 5.Germany, 6.Hungary, 7.Kuwait, 8.Switzerland,
9.United State, 10.China, 11.Croatia, 12.Venezuela, 13.Brazil, 14.Spain, 15.Turkey, 16..Argentina,
17.Morocco, 18.Madagascar, 19.Ascension Is, 20.Madeira, 21.Nicaragua, 22.Canada, 23.Aruba,
24.Finland, 25.Asiatic Russia, 26.Kazakhstan, 27.Georgia, 28.Belarus, 29.Romania, 30.Israel,
31.Barbados, 32.French Guiana, 33.Iceland, 34.Alaska, 35.Colombia, 36.Curacao,
37.Turks & Caicos Is, 38.Cuba, 39.Bulgaria, 40.Serbia, 41.Hungary, 42.Croatia, 43.Czech Republic,
44.Belgium, 45.France, 46.Ireland. (Only 290 more to go! lol)
I am looking forward to next years CQ WW already I definitely enjoyed myself this year!

Here's Another Thank You aimed at All who have visited my ham radio site and signed the Guest book! Best 73 de 2e0hts Simon & Family.

http://2e0hts-hamradio.weebly.com/

Last but by no means the least! Happy anniversary to my loving partner Louise - M3TLL for putting up with me for another year making it 9 years and still going strong!

Comments

PE4BAS, Bas said…
Hello Simon, great idea the CQ zones chart. Anneli was not at home last weekend so she couldn't help me like your daughter. But you both had fun. You worked a lot of nice DXCC and zones. 73, Bas
MØYKS Simon said…
Hi Bas

Thank you we had a good time it was very enjoyable. I best watch out though I think Elsie has her eye on my station for future contesting h.i

73 best regards Simon

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M