Mobile Again!


Its been almost 3 months since I got injured on my Motorcycle and I am almost back to my usual self. My torn quadriceps is on the mend and is becoming less painful day by day. I am enjoying being back at work and I am also pleased to be able to continue my latest DX-Machine project which is coming on strong!
I have been active on HF from my new van on 20, 15 and 10 meters where I have had many successful QSO's into VK, USA and throughout Europe. The YAESU FT-857 and my old Maldol mono bander's are still performing well for me, I have yet to experiment with the other bands which I am well equipped for with antenna's such as the large Hustler mobile antenna with loading coils for 80, 40, 20, 17 and 15 meters as well as the rest of my trusty Maldol's.

I have produced a part 2 video of my "DX-Machine" which shows the latest installations and improvements to the van such as its passenger privacy tinted windows, stainless steel bling, lots of carpet, some joinery work and some very comfortable home made beds/seats. See the latest mods and also some big signals from Japan up on the 15 meter band in the video below.



Other news: I recently paid a visit to my old radio club Keighley Amateur Radio Society KARS) . I had decided that now that my family is established and doing just great, it would be nice to be able to renew my membership and become a member of the club again. I also took the plunge and finally booked the advanced amateur radio exam to sit in January. It was great to catch up with some old friends at the radio club and I was made very welcome by the new Club Chairman and Committee, I am looking forward to my next trip up there.
Well that's about all for now, I hope to catch some of you on the bands from my "DX Machine" or perhaps my comfy armchair in my shack soon. Until my next post 73 and Thanks!

Comments

PE4BAS, Bas said…
Happy to hear you and your family doing great Simon. Thanks for the "DX machine" tour. You did a nice job building. 73, Bas
G1KQH said…
Good luck with the exam Simon

73 Steve

http://g1kqh.blogspot.co.uk/
MØYKS Simon said…
Thanks for your comments guys its appreciated. glad you like the van Bas, I'll be swatting up Steve and btw nice blog :-) Best 73 Simon

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M