Family, Work, Shack, & Sleep!



As another weekend draws to an end I am once again listening out for any interesting signals coming through on my ham radio equipment before bed. Me recent antenna modifications definitely seem to have improved my station both the beam and vertical are working well. My next tweak will be shortening the Carolina windom by 3 inches or so to make it more resonant higher up on the 80m band. That will be easy enough and I might get it done one evening after work weather permitting, currently the windom is showing SWR at 1:1 on 3.6 MHz and reading 1:8 - 2:0 on 3.8 MHz which is where I want to listen for DX. Besides that I am active working random stations near and far in between family life and work. 73 have a good week!

Comments

PE4BAS, Bas said…
Hello Simon, you look a little tired. Hope everything with you & family is well? I would love to make a QSO with you on 80m SSB. Is there a possebility in between your busy life to make a sked somewhere on a evening? 73, Bas
MØYKS Simon said…
Hi Bas yes I am always tired lol a sked would be possible any evening from 21.30 utc and 80m will be good to try.
The girls are doing great and growing up fast and Louise is doing a good job looking after us all. We are counting down the dark nights ready to get playing out side again in our garden. I imagine you are in a similar position and I hope all is good at your end. Best 73 and let me know when you want to try 80m

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M