Ham Radio

Saturday, February 28, 2009
Early Morning Expedition To Muddy SOTA NP028

Early this morning I ended up working 145 FM portable from North Pennine summit on the air 028 whilst walking the dog.
I used:
My hand held radio Kenwood TH-7F and 5 watts into a Diamond SRH771 antenna. Despite been up and about early in the morning I still managed to work Kevin - M0XLT & Adrian M3IAO. Watch the video to see how I avoided the MUD bath up on The Rombalds Moor SOTA.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

posted by Simon Davison @ 9:22 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:53 pm, Blogger Phaze58 said…

    I can tell it was windy Si.
    I am off to whitby to-morrow(sunday 1st) and am taking the FT-100D with me and the multi band antenna.
    I will park up at the Hole of Horcum for a while and give a shout out.
    I can text you the freq if you want to try for a qso.
    I have told adam I will be off there so I will be texting him as well.
    Will be taking the video camera with me JUst in case ...
    speak to you soon
    Regrds M1PAC

     
  • At 11:01 pm, Blogger 2E0HTS Simon said…

    Hi Phil, sounds good..

    Will listen out for you on your FT-100. Have fun and good DX.

    p.s Can you work 80M mobile?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Custom Search




 
About Me

Name: Simon Davison
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by


free counters
>
BLOGGER