Homebrew Dual Band Yagi

I have recently been in qso via the Internet with Cyril F4FUL Who Is
located in the French Alps, locator square JN36EH.
Cyril had recently built an IOIo Satellite antenna and was interested in building a antenna similar to the ARROW antenna He saw me using in one of last years videos. The tests showed that the Arrow does out perform the IOIo. I agreed signal reports and comparisons with Cyril, Who then said he was on his way in building one and would keep in touch. I was interested to see what Cyril - F4FUL would come up with?
Here is the result:
The F4FUL, Home Brew, Dual Band Arrow like Yagi.
4 elements VHF and 10 elements UHF.




Thanks Cyril F4FUL, for your images. 73 Good DX!

Thanks to Cyril's inspiration, I also came across some specs for a simple antenna build similar to the Arrow. I have almost completed one and have yet to add the feeder to complete the first attempt. I have built this "prototype" antenna from 2.5mm wire and a broom handlel I will post detailed info about the latest project shortly.

Here is the information I have been looking at via the web. I used this formula to build the "prototype" Yagi. I will be trying it sometime this week.
Dimensions for a 3/6 Element Dual Band Yagi Beam

Comments

Bull Jones said…
I was wondering if you ever made this dual band hand-held Yagi & if so, how it worked for you.

73,
M.T. 'Bull' Jones
de KK4AXX
Mobile, AL USA
MØYKS Simon said…
Yes I made one and it worked great! still got it somewhere along with other hand held home brew sat beams. Good luck with your construction 73!

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design