Mobile HF DXing

The weather is once again lousy here in N.England so I decided to leave riding the Motor Cycle at home today and drive to work instead. On my return journey back home from work, I came across a nice 5/9+20 signal on 20M which belonged to K7ZSD - Brad, who is located 25 miles N.W of Portland, Oregon in the US.
I listened to Brad - K7ZSD working Stations all over Europe as I drove home and decided to give him a call from my mobile Station which worked out great. Brad came straight back to me with a 5/5 report and very good sounding audio from my trusty FT-100. When I got back home I checked Brads call sign on QRZ.com and released why Brad sounded like he was sat with me in my vehicle! Here is Brads - K7ZSD ham station tower array which is so impressive I thought you guys would like to see it.

Comments

Unknown said…
Oh boy! That's what I want for Christmas!!
Anonymous said…
Hi there Simon,

It's Paul here - G4JNN.

It was a nice surprise to catch you and Phil M1PAC on 70cm the other night.

Thanks a million for linking to my new site so quickly:

www.amateurradiolinks.co.uk

I love your videos.

Keep up the good work.

See you soon.

73 de Paul Corrigan G4JNN
Unknown said…
Brad - K7ZSD working Stations this the fantastic radio station you have really enjoyed it.
Unknown said…
Brad - K7ZSD working Stations this the fantastic radio station you have really enjoyed it.
MØYKS Simon said…
Julian - I have had a word with the Elves, they are building a tower in lap land as we speak!

Paul - Its a pleasure, good luck with your new site! catch up soon on 2/70.

Brent - Cool link to a cool gadjet. 73
Unknown said…
Brads - K7ZSD ham station tower array which is so impressive I thought you guys would like to see it.

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M