Testing Out The New Satellite Antenna


Here is a quick video of the latest satellite gear in action. The first Call I made is through SO-50 on FM, followed by 3 QSO using SSB via VO-52 with SQ9MES - IW4BIF - EA6SA.

Thanks for all the comments regarding this project, as you can hear in the video I am getting my signal into the satellites quite well with the Ft-847 and Tripod array. I hope to work some more of you via the "birds" as its always a pleasure to catch some of you guys that actually follow my crazy antics. 73 Happy DXing and SAT Chasing.

Comments

Daniel Taverne said…
Simon, That antenna is awsome! I assume the antenna tracks automatically... is that via tracking a signal, or following the pre programmed orbital path.

I haven't visited before, so I'm not familier with your antenna build... I'll be checking it our.

I haven't tried using satellites yet, but am interested in trying. My blog is 'Ham Operator: KE5UTN' http://ke5utn.blogspot.com
MØYKS Simon said…
Hi Daniel glad you like it. I use satscape software to get the tracking info and turn the antenna manually whilst working the bird.

I checked your site, looks good, all the best 73 tnx for the visit and comment.
MØYKS Simon said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M