Bed Time Stories


I usually spend the last hour of the day unwinding with the sound of HF before hitting the sack. I enjoy listening to the different bands hearing lots of interesting stuff from the comfort of the shack chair, there are some great radio style bed time stories!

Last night band conditions were wide open with signals bouncing in loud and clear from all over the place.
I heard Australia at 5/9 as well as Argentina, both stations were on 20 meters. The USA were also coming in very well across the 20 meter band right through to 15 meters. As usual I switched between my 6BTV, Windom and CobWebb antennas checking to see which was working the best.

The CobWebb seemed to be best last night as I tried it out during a QSO with  VP2EKG - Keith, from Anguilla up on the 17 meter band. I went on to work EK6TA - Hovik, from Armenia also with a big signal up on 17 meters. Yep, I was pleased to be putting out a reasonable footprint created by my little Webb antenna!

Before I pulled the plug I was back down on 20 meters hearing Ian VK3MO at 5/9 + working lots of stations. I tried my luck but was unsuccessful on this occasion, but I did manage a QSO into Saudi Arabia as I worked HZ1TT and drank my last cup of coffee before heading upstairs.

I'll be back for some more bed time radio tonight, 73 happy DX!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M