Great Path to Japan


Earlier this afternoon whilst receiving NOAA weather images on my FT-847, I was listening to 17m on my FT-1000MKV mp hooked up to the Carolina windom, when I heard Mega - JA3EGZ. I listened for a while as he worked a nice steady flow of Stations located across the globe.

After about 30 minutes once the initial pile up had diminished I heard him with a signal strength of 5/7 calling "QRZ." It was then when I gave just one Call and to my great satisfaction was heard by Mega - JA3EGZ.

JA3EGZ gave me a 5/5 signal report during our qso, I am very pleased with the CW-80 antennas performance on 17m as well as from 80m right through to 10m.The Carolina Windom is a great wire antenna when installed well, with the 6 band Vertical as a second choice, this new QTH is working well on the HF bands and seems to have a great path to JA.

Happy DXing, 73!

Comments

PE4BAS, Bas said…
Congrats on the nice QSO with Japan. Nice to read the new QTH is a good oe for radio. Have a good DX...73, Bas
MØYKS Simon said…
Hi Bas thanks for the comment. I am delighted with the new QTH it is situated on a nice little hill surrounded by woodland moor side. So far I've heard lots of DX and I am enjoying trying my luck working as many as I can in between a few nursery rimes!

All the best to you and the Family, 73, Simon

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design