Aeronautical Mobile On 20M


Tonight at 16.52 utc I worked my first Aeronautical Mobile Ham Station. I was listening around on 20m when I heard NQ4I/AM - Rick 5/9+20 on 14.192 usb. I gave Rick a call just before the pile up kicked in and Rick- NQ4I/AM returned back giving me a 5/9+10 signal report. During the QSO Ricks Aircraft was at 40,000 feet somewhere between England and Ireland, flying over the sea. NQ4I/ Aeronautical Mobile told me they had a 9 hour flight ahead and were heading for California via Greenland and Canada. May be some of you guys will catch him on 20M?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello Simon. Also I worked the station NQ4I/AM today in 14.200 Mhz. Was my first Aeronautical Mobile contact as a ham radio operator. 73 de Chris, EA4EUN/M
MØYKS Simon said…
Hello Chris - EA4EUN/M, great to hear you also made the QSO also for the first time!

Hope to hear you from your mobile one day soon! I love mobile operation and run a FT-857 and Maldol antenna /m.

Good Dxing and 73

Simon - 2E0HTS

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M