Ham Radio Station Reaches Completion

Since moving in to the new QTH I have been regularly tweaking my amateur radio set up and testing out various equipment configurations. I have now finally got my station working effectively and have settled for a lay out that I can comfortably work with, which can be seen pictured below.

Equipment Used
YAESU FT - 857
YAESU FT - 847
YAESU FT – 1000MP MARK – V
YAESU SP – 102 Ext Speaker
YAESU FP – 1030A Power Supply Unit
YAESU G – 5500 ELEVATION – AZIMUTH DUAL CONTROLLER
YAESU MD – 1 Mic
YAESU MH – 36 DTMF Mic
HEIL GOLDLINE GM5 Mic
Labtec Head set & Mic
RIGblaster plus Interface
MFJ – 962D VERSA TUNER III
1942 CW Key

22” Monitor and Dual Core 3800, 2Gig Ram - P.C, Running XP Pro.
Software Used
Winlog32
RadioCom 5.2
Satscape
MMSSTV
PSK31 Deluxe
DX Atlas
Ham Radio Deluxe

Decorative Equipment
I also enjoy making models in my spare time usually out of metal. In my shack you can see a couple of models I made for my collection.
Supporting my HEIL Microphone, I made a mast like structure with a PTT switch fitted neatly to the side.
I also have made a few mini towers that have manually rotating miniature scale Yagi beams on top.
My favorite model radio mast and antenna can be seen on top of my SP – 102 Loud Speaker. My other model tower is up at the holiday Shack along with the rest of my equipment.

Well that’s all for now, I look forward to working some of you somewhere on the bands from my fully tried and tested ham radio shack!

Good DX & 73 thanks for the visit.

Comments

PE4BAS, Bas said…
Hi Simon, it's unfortunate the photo is so small. Would like to see more details. Anyway it looks like a nice shack. What program are you using for tracking the birds? 73, Bas
Phaze58 said…
Nice set up Si, mine is a little more conservative, have you got a room to yourself now ? can lou watch eastenders,and can you operate without wearing the headphones? all these and more will be answerd in the next episode of "hamradiooperater" Mind you the one on my blog needs updating, but the model ant you made me still takes pride of place .
Hans said…
Hi Simon,

It looks very nice but, like Bas, I missed more details.
Where is your FT817? I missed this nice radio.

73 de Hans, PE1BVQ
MØYKS Simon said…
Hi Bas, I use Satscape. I will be taking some better shots of the equipment in the future ;-) 73 all the best.

Hi Phil, nope M3TLL is a radio lover and insisted I set up in the lounge area. the dog gets his own room too.

Hi Hans, I still have my other shack set up with some of my other radios and all the antennas on stand by.

My Ft-817 is upstairs in our bedroom with the miracle whip plugged in, so I can listen before bed time when I am in the horizontal position hi hi. 73 tnx

de Simon 2E0HTS
Unknown said…
How many kilometers does your Radio reach
MØYKS Simon said…
hello and thanks for your question, I have made contact with New Zealand and Australia which is around 24000 miles / 38625 KM. World wide

regards

Simon 2E0HTS

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M