Counting Down For CQ World Wide DX 2016


4 Days To Go!

I am getting my amateur radio station ready to participate in this years CQ World Wide DX SSB Contest. 
The CQ WW is the largest Amateur Radio competition in the world. Over 35,000 participants take to the airwaves on the last weekend of October (SSB) and November (CW) with the goal of making as many contacts with as many different DXCC entities and CQ Zones as possible.

More info on CQ WW DX 2016

Last years CQ WW DX 2015, I finished with an England 16th position with a score of 50,050, the year before I was the 17th highest score in England. So its 15th highest scoring out of England to aim for or higher this coming weekend! Hopefully the antenna tweaks and new beam will give me what I need to succeed but most of all good band conditions are what I am hoping for. 

The Contest starts at  0000 UTC Saturday 29th     Ends: 2359 UTC Sunday 29th

Last years Certificate for M0YKS
Hope to catch you in the contest. 73. Good DX!

Comments

MØYKS Simon said…

PE4BAS, Bas Counting Down For CQ World Wide DX 2016":

Hello Simon, ready to go! I will be contesting together with a team at the PA6GR contest station. Hopefully I will meet you on the bands. 73, Bas



M0YKS - Simon

Hi Bas I will certainly be looking out for you. Enjoy the weekend and good dx to you and your team. The kids are visiting the grandparents so I will be making the most of the time and I can't wait! 73 Simon M0YKS

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design