Weather Satellite Images from NOOA 17

I like to receive images from some of the many Satellites that are constantly orbiting our planet. In this case the images are courtesy of a weather monitoring Satellite known as NOOA 17 which is a low level orbiting Satellite. Some of the images are very clear showing the ground and clouds from Space, the clarity depends on the quality of the received signal to my FT857 radio which is interfaced to my home computer. Once a signal is received i use the software that i mentioned previously on this blog which is radcom 5.2 by Bonito to decode the signal to produce images.
I watch where the Satellite are positioned on my computer with the Satscape Satellite tracking program which not only gives real time positioning it also tells you what frequency and direction the various satellites are at.

Here are some images i have received click on them to enlarge.


This is the image that i receive in the Video below

Her is my station in action receiving a signal from NOOA 17 and producing the above image



Thanks for visiting. 73 Simon

Comments

Nash , JN4VWH said…
Hi Simon,
It is great, what a beautiful and clear image you have received! I have tried once time to receive the signal of a weather infomation for ships on the sea near Japan. But it was not less clear than yours, I think, because of not good antennas of my home QTH.

I think to use a "V" style Dipole antenna for the next time after my trying and testing mobile mono band antennas on the veranda of my home QTH.
Nash , JN4VWH said…
correction:

"it was not clear than yours."
MØYKS Simon said…
May be a an inverted diplole could work for you? but I use vertical antenna to recieve satellites with sucessful results. all the best 73

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M