OH2FFY/Mobile pile up on 20m

The WX is very wet here in Yorkshire at the moment so I decided to make the most of the situation by playing some radio. I worked some stations via the Earth orbiting VO-52 Satellite, OM3VAN, HA6NM, DL3JIN and MW0BBU all on the same pass which lasted around 10 Min's. I then had a listen around 20m and noticed that the noise levels were very low allowing weak signals to be heard. I heard some European stations working Australia, and the US Virgin Islands the pile ups were quite crazy, it reminded me back to the day I heard a US station once say it sounded like "Wild Dogs in a meat shop". A good way to sum up a lot of the mad pile ups you here when those rare or interesting stations are spotted and discovered on the Ham bands.

Picture of OH2FFY/Mobile
It was around 11.30 utc when I came across OH2FFY Greg working mobile on 14.187 mhz with a signal of 5/7 - 5/9 with QSB and lots of QRM (Mad Dogs h.i). I listened for over half an hour and realised that we had already made contact with each other via the Internets Youtube site, so I gave him a shout and we exchanged reports. Greg had made a half wave mono band antenna and sent me a message on one of my Ham Radio Youtube videos . It was great to get the chance to work Greg on his home brew antenna and Yaesu FT-747 from his mobile. Thanks Greg hope to hear you again and see you on Youtube.

Comments

Digital Zone said…
Wow. I like your blog.
Beautiful pictures.

Please visit a tropical paradise:
http://bali-worldresorts.blogspot.com

Keep blogging.
Good job.
MØYKS Simon said…
Thanks very much, I will take a look.
Phaze58 said…
Although not that DX I did pick you up on 20 mtrs over at the hole of Horcum near whitby :)was only on the wonder wand and struggled to get back to you on 2.5 watts.. I knew I should have plugged it into the power socket in the back :( would have got the full 5 watts ;)). FM was next to usless.could just hear you .NVR MND .

Thats the last trip out for a while looking forwards to using the 817 later next year from a backpack point of view. 12v battery and a wonder wand .The world is my oyster.
73 de M1PAC
MØYKS Simon said…
Hi there phil (M1PAC) first I hope you had a good day out and yeh I heard you come back but no signal on 2M fm just your audio at radio 4. Last time you went past the Hole of Horcum you were 5/9 so I guess the
Wonder wand aint so wonderful h.i

Not to worry as long as you had fun!

73 de 2E0HTS Simon

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M