Martinique - FM5BH on 17 Meters


I am pleased to report that conditions are again quite favourable for some evening DX as I just worked into Martinique on the 17 meter band.I was scanning the 17m band on my MARK-V Field and CW-80 antenna when I stumbled across FM5BH booming in with a 5/9 signal on 18.154MHz.
His signal sounded great as he worked through a nice pile up of callers, I got through after a couple of calls receiving a 5/9 report back.

I am spending more and more of my radio time on 17m these days and enjoying the band very much. I am pleasantly surprised how well the Carolina Windom works on that particular band especially into South America and the Caribbean. I hope to work some more DX stations soon and maybe catch a few on video. 73.

Comments

VE9KK said…
Good morning, yes it is nice now that things are opening up on the bands. Very good contact!
MØYKS Simon said…
Good Afternoon, thanks for the comment the bands are keeping me up late hi hi.

Hope to hear you sometime, good DX and 73

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design