Radio Equipment Rack

Whilst enjoying the half term break from work we have been getting a few household jobs done. One job I have been considering doing involved moving my radio gear from one side of the room to the other.

I made a metal racking system that has been on standby and today was the day I was going to get to use it. I began by dismantling my radio equipment carefully and then I moved one coax at a time avoiding any possible mix ups. I decided to run a new earthing wire to the outside, where I soldered it to a brass grounding spike.

I made the box section rack big enough to house all of my equipment and rigs including my PC tower.
It fits nice and snug inside a corner alcove wear I can operate the various rigs and bands nice and comfortably with ease.

The new layout is more spacious and user friendly than the previous shack set up and better still, the YL likes it!

I took a few pictures showing the new radio shack layout with my home brew rack housing my YAESU powered station.
View of the Shack in twilight operations
Close up view showing the sturdy construction of box section tube joined together using the MIG welding process.

Now that's all sorted, its time to make some coffee and QSOs. 73

Comments

PE4BAS, Bas said…
Nice setup Simon, easy for you as a prof. welder hi. I'm shure the little girl is going t push some buttons in a few months ;-). Our little girl loves the video/audio sets in the living and she has something with phones. Glad my shack is at a separate room, she cannot touch it (yet). 73, Bas
ranprew said…
Simon --
You're so clever and so talented. Wish I had a rack like it. Thanks -- Randy K4LJA in Monroe, Louisiana

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design