OD5ZZ - Lebanon On 10 Meters

Earlier this morning I caught a nice opening into Lebanon and managed to work OD5ZZ. I used to work into Lebanon regularly back in the 1980s (CB days). This quick QSO reminded me of my early radio days especially as today I was using my vertical hustler antenna, which is not quite a Sigma IV as used back then. I was pleased with the QSO as you probably can tell in the video clip below.
Louise my shack manager caught me working OD5ZZ and did a good job videoing it for anyone wanting to catch the QSO.

Comments

PE4BAS, Bas said…
Yes Simon, I remember my QSO's with Lebanon as well on CB. Wasn't that the 112 division? I remember got a QSL easily sent my card to the university of Beirut. Got card within 2 weeks. Can't say that on the HAM bands, it seems to be difficult to get a QSL from Lebanon...73, Bas
MØYKS Simon said…
Hi Bas, yes I think it was 112 division. I agree on the qsl cards from the the old days were a lot easier apart from the long P.O box addresses sent over the air with QSB could be tricky h.i. BTW, I still have most of my old cards dating back to the early eighties. Perhaps I might upload a few of my old Favourite ones here one day?

Have a good weekend Bas & best 73 as always to you all. Simon

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design