Half term break - CQWW SSB Contest 2018 Preparation


It's half term at College so I get to catch my self up a little and spend time away from the busyness of teaching, relaxing and spending quality time with my lovely family. So far I have been doing some D.I.Y jobs around the house and in between the fun I have been on my ham radio station making the final checks before the up coming weekend.


This weekend if you did not know or perhaps had forge,t is the one weekend where I give my full attention to the HF bands. It's when I try my luck at making contact with as many stations as possible from as many zones as possible out of a total of 40 worldwide. It's that time again for CQ World Wide DX Contest fun!! More info at CQ WW DX SSB site. Last year was amazingly good despite average to poor band conditions I ended up in 3rd place as Low Power, England which was probably a one off lol. Last year my oldest daughter was keeping track of the zones that I worked which ended up at 21 zones out of 40. I can imagine I will need two zone sheets this weekend as my younger daughter is definitely going to want to get involved as she is showing the signs of ham radio fever already at 4 years old. I will be knocking up a simple method of recording the zones or should I say the girls will, similar to last years.


That's all for now its time for some sleep.... Catch up soon, if not see you next time and if your on at the weekend Good luck and have fun fun fun!!!! CQ WW SSB Contest October 27 -28 - 2018.  73

Comments

Layne AE1N said…
In all my years of contesting (now sixty years) I learned, as much as you plan, there will always be something you forgot to do! --- Layne AE1N
PE4BAS, Bas said…
I'm shure we will make the contact again Simon....73, Bas
MØYKS Simon said…
thanks for the comments guys, I will have to see what happens Layne, its been windy here the past couple of days I keep looking out at the antennas hoping I wont end up doing a repair job h.i. I hope to hear you over the weekend! Hey Bas, I am am sure as well that we will catch each other again probably on 40m. I will make a video as usual and make sure your in it. Looking forward to getting plenty of stations in the log. Have a good week Guys and thanks again for the comments. Best 73 de Simon - M0YKS

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design