Home brew PTT x 2


The new amplifier is set up to operate via a separate PTT  which was a foot pedal. I found this easy enough but had a better idea to try out with a couple of TIG welding torch rubber insulated switches that I had lying around. I began by making a stainless steel cradle to house two switches which would be one for the radio and one for the amp. I then tacked the whole assembly to my previously home made microphone tower.
 I used a piece of stainless steel as a gate type switch system which makes contact with both switches to activate transmit on my transceiver and amplifier simultaneously.
whilst testing out the new double PTT set up I worked Bruce WD4NGB just as the 20m band was grey lining and fading.  Feeling very pleased with myself after a bit of ham radio making! Best 73!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design