Surviving Storm Ciara and Dennis

Pictured above, I received Storm Dennis as it approached early saturday morning via NOAA-19 weather sat using my Satellite array, FT-847 and WXtoIMG decoding software.
Below is the kind of image we are getting used to seeing around this part of the World.
Image result for storm ciara shipley west yorks
Its been hard going over the past couple of weeks here in Stormy Yorkshire UK. Just about two weeks ago the storms started to batter our neighbourhood and they have been relentless ever since. We suffered some roof damage to our house during the first big storm - Ciara which resulted in urgent work needing to be carried out in the form of some replacement ridge tiles. This was sorted out quickly and the roof is sound again, my next repair was to my Diamond F23 VHF vertical up on the gable end of the house. The antenna had worked loose due to it whipping around in the gale force winds, I decided it would make sense to take it down and tighten up the u bolts and other fixings before storm Dennis arrived. I carried out the antenna maintenance and all is well after the peak of the storm.

Band Conditions

With one eye constantly on the house and antennas I have not had as many opportunities to actually make some QSOs but I have made a few! Most activity has been across the Atlantic into the States and Canada with a few other good QSOs into Russia.  Its been reasonably good on both 80m and 20m with one or two nice DX openings along the way. Hopefully the WX will calm down and I wil be back to full operation. 73 catch you soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design