Ham Radio Activity - New Licensee in the Household M7ELC - M0YKS Mini Tower Competition

Well its been far too long since i posted here so I thought I best sort that out. What have I been doing lol. Lots of radio including livestreams, a few repairs and plenty of work. You might have seen on my YouTube channel that my eldest daughter Elsie has now become one of us and now holds her own Call sign at the sweet age of 10 years (only just as well). Her Mum M3TLL, Sister and I are all very proud of her amazing achievement. We have been working together throughout lockdown teaching Elsie and she has been an awesome student that's for sure! Well done M7ELC - Elsie.



As well as playing plenty of radio I recently achieved the QRZ DX100 using only a microphone and antenna no digital modes or internet! 

I have also had a bit of time to take down the satellite antennas and rotator for a 5 year service. This went well, I since refit the installation in a different more accessible location to the side of my QTH as well as replace a broken reflector and change the polarisation from horizontal to vertical which has made a massive improvement on all of the satellites. I am now booming into both FM and SSB Satellites and receiving excellent NOAA weather images. I am looking forward to ISS switching back across to the repeater which is due to happen in the next couple of weeks.

Satellite Rotator YAESU G-5500, 5 Element Yagi 145 MHz , 15 Element X Yagi 435-437MHz - The Latest Position a few feet lower but working much better than before. 

Radio propagation on HF has been much better and I am spending more and more time on the higher portion of HF such as 20m again and really making the most of the late night DX openings into North and South America and the Caribbean. I have had some great reports from Argentina and beyond and currently I am chasing Master Of Radio Communication - South America award. I have a way to go as I am at 54% so far.


Finally over lock down I have done lots of hours live on YouTube operating Ham Radio and amazingly the subscription numbers have doubled I am currently at around about  2.42K and climbing. So as a thank you to each and everyone for watching, following and keeping me sane through a couple of long a difficult lockdown periods I have decided to make a second mic stand. This one has been improved and will be given to a lucky competition winner which will be happening on my Sunday night Live check in (tomorrow). I will also post the competition here with an entry link. Keep an eye out from tomorrow eve late.... The comp will be open for a week or so and is free to enter. Good luck.



This is the finished off Prize -  One Mini Lattice Tower with a Mic Clip and Separate PTT switch which needs wiring to your radio mic PTT input. The Heil GM-5 is NOT included lol Its just to give you an idea of what to expect. the Mic stand will hold most studio microphones. Good Luck!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design