FTDX101MP DX on 10m Band.


The past few weeks of superb band conditions has meant that I could see just how good this radio is. I have spent most evenings up on 10 and 15m working DX and it's been absolutely buzzing with activity. The FTDX101MP is totally awsome on all of the HF bands with an exceptional quality receive capability. I still love my FT-1000mp but the noise does not disappear the same as it does on the 101mp. Infact the 101mp is incredibly good at pretty much everything including putting out a very nice sounding audio. I still haven't tried the Heil GM5 microphone on it as the M70 YAESU desk mic seems to be very good  the reports coming in are pleasing. The M70 came free with the radio as an incentive to buy. It is a nice microphone and I'll be continuing with it for now. I set the eq up with it and thanks to Jay W4ZXT I seem to have configured it to suit my voice. I followed Jay's YouTube video audio/eq settings (thanks bro).
So with a few weeks of playing I have soon got to grips with the layout of the 101mp, it's very user friendly and well designed for chasing DX quickly up and down the bands. I've not used the amplifier recently and my signal has been solid into VK, JA, South Africa, South America and USA. Its definitely a good time to get into the higher HF bands with excellent DX openings daily. The higher bands have provided lots of new stations that I normally don't catch so you can imagine the amount of rag chew qso I have been making. That's another good thing about the higher HF bands you get interesting conversations thst last for as long as you want without too much QRM. Hope to hear you guys and girls on your radios operating 15, 12 and 10m soon. 
73 have a good weekend. GOOD DX. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design