Working DXCC

We all enjoy Ham radio for many reasons, after all there is so much to try out with our great hobby. One of my interests is working DX and I have always enjoyed the hunt for new places that I have never made contact with. When I say made contact I am referring to operating with a microphone, radio and antenna. I not particularly interested in digital modes which made me decide to class my successful DXCC entries as voice QSO only. I started off shouting on a President Grant back in the 80s and now manage to shout a little less on my Ham radio equipment. So why change 🤣, anyhow my DXCC total using my Yorkshire sounding phonetics has got me 150 confirmed DXCC since I started the log back in 2004. I'm almost half way there 🤣 and only 22 years so far, hopefully I'll be there sometime, but hey I like to talk. To celebrate the halfway mark I treated the shack to an official QRZ DX World Award. I don't usually bother but thought I might as well have a little reminder to help to motivate me catch some more new DXCC  
73 de M0YKS Simon 

Comments

PE4BAS, Bas said…
Well done Simon. I work DX with everything I can including digital modes. But I prefer SSB and 10m. I'm still an old 11m DXer I guess. President Jackson was my rig. Worked more as 250 DXCC on 11m. Took me a while... Now on the amateurbands I'm at 259 DXCC according to clublog. Most made with SSB but the last few years you see a shift to digital. 73, Bas
MØYKS Simon said…
Nice x
Score on both ham and 11m bands. I must be less active or less lucky than you lol. I had lots of 11m ssb radios back in the day, here is a few I can remember owning. Ham int multitude, ham int concorde, hygain 5, colt black shadow, president grant, Jackson and George. Super star 360 and cobra 148 and a stalker 9. Probably a few more I forgot. I used to enjoy 11m and just lately 10m is reminding me of the old days. 73

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design