Summer Activities On The Air

Well I was surprised to see how long ago I last posted on my blog. It has been a busy few months with time passing quickly. 

As for the bands they have been on and off but overall I would have to go for more of the on with some pretty cool DX 

I have as usual been making the most of the great outdoors with the odd attempt of operating both mobile and whilst walking. My next plan is to take my FT-817 and have a go at some long wire QRP. I might get an opportunity over the next few weeks as it's the end of the college year and I am off for a month. 
Space communication has still been keeping me occupied as has ADSB aircraft tracking and of course I am active daily on the HF bands.
This coming weekend on Saturday 22 July at 20:00 UTC a few YouTube hams are getting together including myself and plan to break the 40m band by simultaneously live streaming on 40 meters. This has been organised by James M0GCQ and is a great opportunity to try out your station with the live feed from each channel being so easy to access. You can work up and down the British Isles and try catch everyone that is participating on this event.

This Saturday's Mega Stream YouTube Ham Radio Station list is:
@AmateurRadioUK M0GQC
@m0mcx M0XXT
@timg5tm941 G5TM
@G5STU G5STU
@M0JSX M0JSX
@M0YKSHamRadio M0YKS
@digitalanalogueham 2E0UKH
@IrishHamRadio EI5IMB
#MM0OPXAmateurRadio MM0OPX
There is word out that M0XXT Callum (DX Commander) is offering a prize to the first station that manages to work every live stream station on the Air. This is only available to you guys not the the stations streaming. So with that I hope to hear some of you coming in well  on Saturday night 21:00 local time, - 40m band.
Hope you make it, 73 for now.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design