DX On 10M FM To Mayotte DXpedition Team.


 The latest solar cycle 25 is proving to be far better than we could of hoped. We all seem to be experiencing regular unusually good long distance openings on 29 MHz. Earlier this afternoon I got back from College and managed to get the radio on earlier than usual. Straight away I could hear that 10 meters was wide open as the 28 MHz SSB portion was full of signals. I had a nice QSO on 10 metes SSB into North America and then proceeded further up the band to 29 MHz using FM. Again activity was up and I could hear a number of North American stations calling CQ on straight FM. There were so many signals coming in on FM that I ended up tuning around too much further down the band than usual, it was there that I stumbled across TO8FH on the Island of Mayotte operated by a french DXpedition team. To my amazement I heard them coming through really well, there was fading at times but during the peaks their signal was up to S9 on the YAESU FTDX101MP that I was using. My antenna this time around was my Yagi which you may remember is the original Cushcraft MA5B which once again got me the QSO without too much difficulty with a 5/9 good copy both ways.

 73 All,    keep a watch out on 29 MHz FM straight forward simplex operation, as you might just get lucky and catch some real rare DX on FM of all modes! Try your hardest to have plenty of fun  and as always thanks for the visit. I will catch you back again next time. 

Until then the video below is the actual FM QSO with TO8FH - Mayotte Island. Hope You Enjoy It!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design