Testing YAESU FTDX101MP on AM 10 Meter Band 29MHz

 


This afternoon I was listening for signals on 29MHz AM when I heard a great signal coming acroaa the Atlantic from Milford, Massachusetts. The signal was coming from the amateur radio station of K1ETP Rich and his signal was peaking at 5/9+10db with slight QSB..
I was trying out the AM Mode to see how well it performed with my FTDX101MP. I have already had success on this mode as I previously made AM contacts with this radio on 20M into Europe when I made a QSO into Sweden. More recently I have been trying to catch some more AM on 10 Meters. I am interested in seeing how the FTDX101MP performance is on AM. This contact was absolutely fantastic and possibly one of the clearest sounding DX signals that I have heard on any mode. my verdict is: Maybe the radio should have been given 100W rather than 50W on AM. The findings are: It is brilliant on receiving. this video shows the reception quality without noise reduction or any DSP filtration, just simple straight AM. After the report I received this time on 10m and last time on 20M it is producing an excellent transmission with great audio from the FTDX101MP hooked up with the M-70 desk mic. 

So it seems when conditions are good and you use a half decent antenna, 50W is plentiful. Great result very good contact indeed. thanks to Rich K1ETP.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design