Happy New DX 2024

I hope you're new year has begun well. I have been feeling much more like myself after being ill before and over the Christmas break. 
My FTDX101mp has been getting plenty of use and I have been enjoying operating on 29Mhz AM.
I have been doing quite well with my MA5B and 50 watts out working across the Atlantic into North America. I must say it is a very nice sounding signal on AM and it has great DX potential for an original old school mode that most have forgotten or never tried. How about giving 29.00 to 29.100 AM a listen and give it a go yourself. The best time to try is Saturday and Sunday from 13:00 - 16:00 UTC. 

Other fun stuff that has been keeping me busy is the new 1/2 wave 80m inverted V with a 49:1 Transformer. I have been enjoying exploring it's potential and I am very surprised just how good it works at my QTH. I'm working North and South America easily on 40m as well as far East so far. On 80 it's strong across Europe and I have had a couple of DX into North America and Canada, it's great into G. I still haven't used the Amplifier and 200watts from the FTDX101 is doing a fine job. 
I am still playing around with the antenna and running comparison tests alongside the Hustler 6btv with radials. It is all very interesting so far and I really enjoy this part of our fantastic hobby. 73 Have a great Year ahead! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design