Amateur Radio Satellite 🛰️


M0YKS Satellite Earth Station 📡
The amateur Radio hobby has so much to offer and can take you to places you cannot ever go to in person. Yes I am referring to space and in particular the International Space Station.
The past couple of weeks have provided some great late evening passes from ISS and I have been making the most of the opportunities. My log is full of ISS, Teval SATs, RS-44 SAT, JO-97 SAT and SO-50 SAT contacts. It's been good and my Earth Station is still working well for me. 
A quick run down of the equipment that I am using:
TX RX - YAESU FT-847
Rotator - YAESU G-5500
Interface - RS-232 COM-232B 
USB CAT cable x2
Antenna V: 144-146Mhz Innovantenna 5 element X LFA YAGI 
Antenna U: 435-437Mhz 
15 elememt  Oscar 437 SAT X YAGI 
Software - SATpc32
PC Windows 10
I also use Look4Sat on my Tablet 
the satellite band is great fun and the Radio amateurs that you make contact with are really nice people. You get to know a very friendly community of fellow SAT enthusiasts. I hope you can join us for some out of this world Radio. 

For more on Satellite 🛰️ and ISS, have a watch through my satellite playlist that features all my past and current base and portable satellite set ups.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design