On arriving we were joined on the frequency by Mick a local G station who kindly refreshed our memory's of the rally's location and best parking positions, which proved to be very helpful. On entering the rally I began searching the different stalls with the aid of Louise M3TLL and it wasn't long before we both spotted some bargains.
The first of three nice extension speakers I picked up was this heavy little maxon at the cost of £1.00. This had made the trip well worthwhile and is now connected to the FT-847.
I picked up at CAT interface lead for the FT-847, some dipole centre's, Coaxial plugs and some wire type antenna insulators, all in mind for further projects.
As well as grabbing some bargains I bumped into some friends. Here is a regular rag chewer every Sunday evening on sked, Jeff, G0GNU inside the rally.
As I walked around the rally, Steve M1ERS recognised me from the Youtube video's I've made and introduced himself. It was a real pleasure meeting Steve and putting a face to the name I've been seeing on my video comments.
Steve, M1ERS and myself Simon, 2E0HTS at Steve and company's D-STAR Stand inside the rally.
Craig, M3CSD and Phil, M1PAC Carrying new radio goodies.
The Barnsley people were very friendly and helpful, all in all it was a good day out and great to get another excuse to tinker around with the bits and pieces I picked up in Barnsley's Hamfest.
3 comments:
...and when Phil left the rally there was not a single ham radio thing left in Barnsley! M1PAC the shopaholic! :-)
It were just a bit of retail therapy :-)
Having a rotator now I had to buy a great circle map and then I saw something else ....
I know what its like, but Lou does have a point LOL.
I am sure we can not help buying these toys, or at least that's my excuse!
P.S I will need a wide zoom lense shot for all your equipment to fit in it h.i.
73 Si
Post a Comment