VK2GWK Worked on 15M Long Path - video



Up early as usual and listening around 21.290MHz this morning, I heard a strong signal coming out of Australia. It was coming in at my station at around 5/7 to 8 from the Ham station of VK2GWK, operator - Henk.

VK2GWK - Henk was calling CQ DX so I gave Henk a quick call back making it back around the globe into Henks QTH which is nearby to Sydney, making another great DX qso.

During the contact I was running my FT1000mp MK-V hooked up to the CW-80 wire antenna. Henk was beaming long path to my QTH coming in loud and clear as seen in the video.

After our qso I checked VK2GWK on QRZ.com and found a neat link by Henk where I downloaded his QSL card for our recent QSO. Great idea Henk! Tnx & 73.

Comments

PE4BAS, Bas said…
Hello Simon, that's a great video you made. Your daughter is growing fast and she's talking as well. Is she already calling you Daddy? By the way, you spelled Henk the wrong way as Henk is a Dutch name, the guy is Dutch remember....although you wouldn't tell, his English is sounding perfect. 73, Bas
MØYKS Simon said…
Hi Bas, thanks again for your nice comment.

Yes our little girl is getting good at making the words sound like "dadda" ;-0 I am sure it wont be long before she is calling out "QRZ".

Thanks for the correction of Henk and not Hank as I thought hi hi. 73 to you and yours. Simon

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design