I have also been active on the Satellite bands working mostly into Europe on both SSB and the FM birds.
Today I thought I would have a go at working a reasonably new Satellite CAS 5A also known as FO-118. I haven't quite setup my radio steering software SATpc32 correctly with the Doppler correction known as a Doppler sqf file yet, so I had to manually change the downlink frequency but still managed a few nice QSOs. The new Satellite was built by CAMSAT and has a FM V/u repeater as well as V/u and interestingly a H/u linear transponder on board for amateur radio use.
If you don't quite understand what it all means this is it: V = VHF, U = UHF and H = HF. So for example in the case of V/u it would mean VHF uplink TX and UHF down link RX. For this Satellite CAS 5A, V/u is 145.925 FM TX and 435.600 FM RX.
Today's first trial of working the bird proved to be easy enough with a decent signal back down from the bird using the FM repeater. The next thing is to try the linear transponders and maybe operate the H/u mode with a 15m band uplink. That will be something new for me for sure. The V/u SSB transponder should be easy enough to hit and probably will be decent if it is anything like the earlier XW Chinese satellites. Hope to hear you soon from IO93CU. H N Y.
1 comment:
Good job
Dear Friends,
https://hamdoz.redbubble.com Ham radio operator gift ideas Please visit me
Post a Comment