My DX View


I could not resist sharing tonight’s fantastic Sunset view looking out from our Hill Top Shack which was taken earlier this evening by my YL, Louise – M3TLL.

The winter WX is finally coming to an end up here on the Moor and band conditions on HF have been very interesting lately with a lot more reliable & good dx openings into VK & ZL occurring most mornings.

I worked VK6ANC on 20M from my mobile last week 5/9 in the clear at around 8.15utc, using the FT-100 and Maldol HF-20 Mono band antenna.

Evening DXing has been spent down on 40M most nights with plenty of QSOs into North America and the odd Caribbean station.

20M has also been good in the evening especially over the weekend during the US contest, It was nice to see the higher end of the HF bands also up on signal with lots of contester's booming in on 15M.

I had a bit of fun working lots of big signals from across the pond down on my favorite band for DX, 20M.

Antenna Comparisons.

Both the 80M & 20M Delta Loop antennas have been working great for me, I have had much more time to compare the antennas against my vertical the Hustler 6BTV.

The results show the Loop antennas clearly perform the best 80M -17M and the Hustler Vertical performs best from 15M to 10M. It sure is handy having antenna switches in line!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M