FTDX101MP One Year of Ownership


Its just over a year since I parted with my savings 😁 and treated myself to the YAESU FTDX101MP.  Since owning this fabulous transceiver I have had hours of pleasure getting used to it which was quick enough and reasonably painless. The radio has been fantastic to operate and the reception quality is the best I have ever experienced. I have been using the YAESU M-70 desk mic which if you remember I got free as part of the deal along with £85 cash back from YAESU. The microphone is nice to use with a good ergonomic design and with the radios onboard equaliser set for my preference the audio reports have been coming in with compliments especially from the more weaker DX contacts. 
So my friends, you can guess I will be holding on to the FTDX101MP and my FT-1000mp will be there as a portable or back up transceiver. I am really happy I got this radio and since installing it at my QTH I have been using it barefoot with the standard 200 watts rather than running my amplifiers. I have been working up and down the bands with no messing about tuning. This is very enjoyable and less tedious. Maybe I will use my amplifiers again when propagation is poor but currently I prefer the lower risk of any fireworks occurring which tends to happen with HF amplifier use. 
I still haven't fully accustomed myself with everything that this fine transceiver has to offer and I have not been bothered to carry out any firmware updates as yet. I checked my FTDX101MP out against some of the display read out issues that I have read in various groups but didn't have any faults showing on my model, so unless you get something really special in the update I will be hanging fire for now. 
Overall verdict is:
Awesome radio, way easier to operate than expected, lovely looking and performance is faultless. I love the large display, the layout is clear and the waterfall or 3DSS spectrum display makes finding stations a simple task as well as easily seeing and selecting a clear frequency to operate on. Both waterfall and 3DSS displays can be set up easily to your user preference using the touch screen. The screen on the transceiver itself is large, so I personally do not use a separate monitor but obviously for those that have more space its another feature to explore. The DSP filters really make it happen when the low signals are struggling to be heard but in all fairness the receive quality alone is amazing and more or less all bands have 0 or very low noise levels which I have being enjoying and I found it most noticeable on 40 and 80m. These bands previously whilst on my older transceiver were quite noisy and sometimes quite difficult to work, but with the 101MP SDR receiver not a worry anymore.  The feeling of satisfaction is with me every time I power on this beauty. If you are considering spending money on one I can honestly say if you like YAESU radios this one is better than anything you have used already. Hope you find this short post helpful for you with your decision. 73 tnx for passing by. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design